Filmography - The Tell-Tale Heart (2012)
• Rose McGowan as:
• Directed by:
John La Tier
• Selected Cast:
Patrick John Flueger, Peter Bogdanovich
• Written by:
Edgar Allan Poe (novel)
• Release Year:
Mystery / Romance / Suspense
• MPAA Rating:
The Tell-Tale Heart
is a film adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe’s short story of the same title, first published in 1843. The story follows an unnamed narrator who insists on his sanity after murdering an old man with a "vulture eye." The murder is carefully calculated, and the murderer hides the body by dismembering it and hiding it under the floorboards. Ultimately the narrator's guilt manifests itself in the hallucination that the man's heart is still beating under the floorboards. The short story is widely considered a classic of the Gothic fiction genre and one of Poe's most famous short stories. Inspired by Poe's imaginative short story, this independent film brings mystery, romance, and suspense to the literary classic.
Rose McGowan's Role
Details on Rose McGowan's role are scarce at the moment - but keep on checking back for further details!
The Tell-Tale Heart Online
» More information at The Internet Movie Database
» More information at the
» Shop for related productions online at
(not in general release).
» View Rose pictures in the Rose-McGowan.com photo gallery
» View film clips at the Rose-McGowan.com
From the Gallery
From the Video Vault
... Download film clips, featurettes, trailers and much more in the
The Tell-Tale Heart video vault!
• Coming soon!
Quotes: Rose McGowan
• "My character Ariel in The Tell-Tale Heart
is someone who may or may not be real and acts accordingly. Ariel fits into the plot in a way that she is part of Patrick John Flueger's imagination but she might be real as well."
• "Poe’s story The Tell-Tale Heart does not have a female character in it, so I was very curious to see how that would be woven into the script. It’s really seamless and it almost seems like it could be part of the original story, and I think Poe would be very pleased."
• "I read The Tell-Tale Heart when I was four years old and I became obsessed with it to the point where when I was little I would go around anytime I saw wood floors in Italy where I grew up, I would put my ears on the floor and scoot around listening for hearts. And my parents, whose fault was that I read the story in the first place, were horrified and everyone made fun of them for letting me read Edgar Allan Poe but that's how I fell in love with Poe."
Quotes: Others on Rose McGowan
• "Working with Peter Bogdanovich, Rose McGowan and Patrick John Flueger to create this piece of art was such a dream come true for me." - John La Tier
Quotes: Her Character
• none, yet...
Trivia & Facts
• Based on a classic short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
• Rose's character Ariel does not appear in the original short story.