Check out the latest edition of Suitcase Confessions, which sees Rose McGowan discuss her travel secrets and inspiration. Rose also shares some very exciting news; that she is just about to jet off to New Orleans to direct her very first short film! “I’m super thrilled to be able to step behind the camera,” she says. Can’t wait to learn more about Rose’s directorial debut!
Rose is not only loved for her talent and beauty but also for her whip-smart personality. Here are just a couple of our select favorite quotes from Miss McGowan between the years 2007 and 2012, as part of our fifth year anniversary celebrations.
• “Everyone’s got a story; I’ve just got a lot of chapters.” – Genlux – Holiday 2011
• “I took two years off because of a major illness in the family. So many people get caught up in a panic about taking time off, worried they’ll be forgotten about. The reality is, this is my one life. I stick to my convictions, for better or worse.” – Modern Dog – Summer 2011
• “From a really young age, I was into female empowerment and supporting the underdog. Right now, I’m into female vengeance.” – Fox News, 2008
• “I love anybody who’s dedicated to anything and lets their weirdo flag fly. I’m all for it.” – Entertainment Weekly, 2008
• “I’m a pretty swell gal. I don’t mean any harm to anybody. Generally speaking, for a melancholy person, I’m pretty happy.” – Blackbook – April/May 2007
In the past five years Rose McGowan has rocked many highly memorable and gorgeously stunning looks on the red carpet, which makes it almost impossible to pick just a handful of favorites. However, we collectively selected the following five looks as our absolute overall head-to-toe favorites Rose looks between 2007 and 2012.
Please feel free to comment and share your favorites from these years. There are so many so choose from so we’d love to hear which dresses you’ve loved the most!
Conan the Barbarian World Premiere (2011)
2009 MAD Paperball Gala (2009)
The past five years have brought many triumphs and tribulations to Rose McGowan’s career. Although there were some hiccups in recent years, the projects that did see the light of day have been undeniable with one common factor; they all showcased new range in Rose’s talents and arguably provided her finest and most diverse performances to date.
“In the performance of her life, McGowan throws herself into the juicy, sexy, funny, comic book hero role of Cherry Darling.” – Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
“The whole experience was completely schizophrenic, but in the best way.” – Rose McGowan
Grindhouse is, hands down, our favorite project of Rose McGowan. Two films. Two characters. One awesome throwback concept idea. What’s not to love? If we had to define Rose’s most star-making performance, it would have to be the quick-witted Cherry Darling in Robert Rodriguez’s Planet Terror. And while her role in Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof was smaller, it was more than memorable, and she did a magnificent job at portraying two such completely different characters in basically one movie.
This project also has an ever bigger meaning to us. We launched our site in February of 2007, a few months prior to the release of Grindhouse. While we had been fans of Rose for many, many years, the hype and uniqueness that came with the project led to us finally pursuing and realising this website. So, it’s pretty safe to say that if it were not for Grindhouse, Rose-McGowan.com would possibly not even exist!
“I had wanted to do a guest stint some years ago, but it never worked out schedule wise. It, as anyone who watches the show knows, is totally bananas. Just off the wall. I’m doing something I hope to never do hope to never do again – replace an actress who’s already established a role. It didn’t occur to me that it’d be completely unnerving and bizarre until I filmed my first scene. It was still a great experience,” explained Rose during her second Q&A with Rose-McGowan.com
Rose McGowan portrayed Dr. Teddy Rowe for five episodes on the sixth season of Nip/Tuck, which kicked off October 14, 2009. Another actress may have made Teddy a caricatyre but Rose portrayed her as anything but. Smart, cunning, gorgeous and so deliciously evil – you just had to love Rose’s performance as Teddy!
Rose-McGowan.com opened its doors on February 12, 2007, which means that today, on February 12, 2012, we are celebrating the site’s fifth birthday!
To celebrate the occasion we are doing five different look backs at various aspects of Rose McGowan and the site. We are starting with this post, which features five of the highlights of Rose-McGowan.com between the years 2007 and 2012.
• In November 2007 and July 2009 we conducted exclusive Q&A sessions with Rose McGowan herself. Needless to say, this was a great honor and these interviews remain some of the greatest highlights of the site.
• Every year we’ve aimed to create something special in honor of Rose’s birthday on September 5. One of the highlights includes our 2009 birthday project. Over 30 fans from 16 different countries contributed to the 32+ paged color printed scrapbook, which consists of letters, birthday wishes, fan art, poems and local postcards, all dedicated to Rose. We also gifted her with some gorgeous Boston Terrier memorabilia, including a stunning figurine. Rose was deeply touched by the gift and sent us a very sweet thank you note. View the birthday project page for further details.
• In August 2010 we auctioned an authentic Rose McGowan autograph to benefit Boston Terrier Rescue Net, one of Rose’s favorite charities, in honor of the actress’ 37th birthday. View the news post for further details.
• Rose-McGowan.com was mentioned the August 2011 issue of Total Film. The magazine featured a truly wonderful article on Rose and used our site as an example of Rose’s Old Hollywood demeanor. It was a huge honor to us that it was recognized by a magazine, especially one as awesome as Total Film! View the news post for further info.