Fans have the chance to re-visit Rose McGowan’s star-making turn as Amy Blue in The Doom Generation as the film is finally going to be released on R2 DVD in Britain on March 26, 2012. This release is packed with exciting extras, including a featurette titled My Generation, interview with director Gregg Araki and a commentary with Araki, McGowan, James Duval and Johnathon Schaech. The DVD is available for pre-order over at Amazon.
In honour of these exciting news, I’ve updated the gallery with a nice batch of stills from The Doom Generation. Special thanks goes out to our friend Dale for contributing many of these. Enjoy!
– The Doom Generation: Production Stills
From Vogue to Rolling Stone to Maxim to Modern Dog, Rose McGowan has been photographed by a number of hugely talented photographers for an impressive variety of magazines in these past five years. We took on the challenge of picking out our five favorite photoshoots between these years. We believe that these photoshoots represent the diversity of not only Rose’s magazine coverage but also just how photogenic and versatile she is in front of the camera.
Modern Dog (2011)
Contributor Magazine (2010)
Check out the latest edition of Suitcase Confessions, which sees Rose McGowan discuss her travel secrets and inspiration. Rose also shares some very exciting news; that she is just about to jet off to New Orleans to direct her very first short film! “I’m super thrilled to be able to step behind the camera,” she says. Can’t wait to learn more about Rose’s directorial debut!
Rose is not only loved for her talent and beauty but also for her whip-smart personality. Here are just a couple of our select favorite quotes from Miss McGowan between the years 2007 and 2012, as part of our fifth year anniversary celebrations.
• “Everyone’s got a story; I’ve just got a lot of chapters.” – Genlux – Holiday 2011
• “I took two years off because of a major illness in the family. So many people get caught up in a panic about taking time off, worried they’ll be forgotten about. The reality is, this is my one life. I stick to my convictions, for better or worse.” – Modern Dog – Summer 2011
• “From a really young age, I was into female empowerment and supporting the underdog. Right now, I’m into female vengeance.” – Fox News, 2008
• “I love anybody who’s dedicated to anything and lets their weirdo flag fly. I’m all for it.” – Entertainment Weekly, 2008
• “I’m a pretty swell gal. I don’t mean any harm to anybody. Generally speaking, for a melancholy person, I’m pretty happy.” – Blackbook – April/May 2007
In the past five years Rose McGowan has rocked many highly memorable and gorgeously stunning looks on the red carpet, which makes it almost impossible to pick just a handful of favorites. However, we collectively selected the following five looks as our absolute overall head-to-toe favorites Rose looks between 2007 and 2012.
Please feel free to comment and share your favorites from these years. There are so many so choose from so we’d love to hear which dresses you’ve loved the most!
Conan the Barbarian World Premiere (2011)
2009 MAD Paperball Gala (2009)