Rose-McGowan.com opened its doors on February 12, 2007, which means that today, on February 12, 2012, we are celebrating the site’s fifth birthday!
To celebrate the occasion we are doing five different look backs at various aspects of Rose McGowan and the site. We are starting with this post, which features five of the highlights of Rose-McGowan.com between the years 2007 and 2012.
• In November 2007 and July 2009 we conducted exclusive Q&A sessions with Rose McGowan herself. Needless to say, this was a great honor and these interviews remain some of the greatest highlights of the site.
• Every year we’ve aimed to create something special in honor of Rose’s birthday on September 5. One of the highlights includes our 2009 birthday project. Over 30 fans from 16 different countries contributed to the 32+ paged color printed scrapbook, which consists of letters, birthday wishes, fan art, poems and local postcards, all dedicated to Rose. We also gifted her with some gorgeous Boston Terrier memorabilia, including a stunning figurine. Rose was deeply touched by the gift and sent us a very sweet thank you note. View the birthday project page for further details.
• In August 2010 we auctioned an authentic Rose McGowan autograph to benefit Boston Terrier Rescue Net, one of Rose’s favorite charities, in honor of the actress’ 37th birthday. View the news post for further details.
• Rose-McGowan.com was mentioned the August 2011 issue of Total Film. The magazine featured a truly wonderful article on Rose and used our site as an example of Rose’s Old Hollywood demeanor. It was a huge honor to us that it was recognized by a magazine, especially one as awesome as Total Film! View the news post for further info.
Behold – I come bearing images that will make your heart melt!
This past weekend, on February 4, Rose McGowan visited The Gentle Barn in Santa Clarita, California. Founded by Ellie Laks in 1999, The Gentle Barn is currently home to 130 animals who are rescued from severe abuse, neglect or slaughter.
Once the animals are rehabilitated they stay at the barn for the rest of their lives and serve as ambassadors helping to heal abused children. The Gentle Barn is host to kids in foster care, on probation, in gangs, on drugs and from the inner city, as well as school groups and special needs kids and adults. Through the interactions with the animals and their stories, kids learn kindness, compassion, confidence and reverence for all life.
What a truly wonderful cause! Be sure to visit the Gentle Barn website for plenty of more information and how to get involved if you are a local.
The gallery has been updated with images of Rose with Buddha, The Gentle Barn’s therapy cow, another cow named Buttercup and an adorable pot-bellied pig, among many others. She was also snapped with Betty DeGeneres, the mother of Ellen. Additionally, Rose was graciously surprised when Ellie Laks chose to name a newly rescued goat “Rose” as a thank you for her support.
- Public Events: Rose McGowan Visits The Gentle Barn
Today I whipped out my pile of McGowan magazines still waiting to be scanned and made high quality scans from a couple of older goodies; Arena – March 2005, Interview – March 1997 and another issue all the way back from October 1995! The Interview photoshoots in particular are some of my all time favourite images of Rose.
Note that the 1997 Interview magazine article gets cut a little due to the large size of the magazine pages. But fear not, you can always read the full story in all of its glory right here in our library!
Enjoy the scans!
On Wednesday Ms McGowan attended her first event of 2012. Rose rocked a sexy tuxedo shirt and black pants at The Weinstein Company and Audi Celebrate Awards Season event at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. A handful of images are now available in the gallery.
- Public Events: The Weinstein Company and Audi Celebrate Awards Season
Everyone’s got a story; I’ve just got a lot of chapters. – Rose McGowan
I have scanned and uploaded our original scans from the Holiday 2011 issue of Genlux magazine, which features Miss McGowan on the front cover. The photos are stunning and the article is a lovely read indeed. Many thanks to my friend Katie for her help in obtaining the magazine for us!
As in most cases, these scans were made by Rose-McGowan.com exclusively for this site. Please do not reproduce the scans without our permission and proper credit. Many thanks in advance!
- Magazine Scans: Genlux (US) – Holiday 2011