The 2012 TCM Classic Film Festival has unveiled a lineup of special guests and events for this year’s four-day gathering in Hollywood. As part of its overall Style and the Movies theme, the festival has added several films featuring the work of pioneering costume designer Travis Banton. According to Turner.com, Oscar-nominated costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis will introduce the six-movie slate, with former Essentials co-host Rose McGowan joining her for one of the screenings. The festival takes place in Los Angeles between Thursday, April 12 – Sunday, April 15.
Style in the Movies: The Legendary Costumes of Travis Banton
One of the most important costume designers of classic Hollywood, Travis Banton was the man who taught Edith Head and dressed the likes of Mae West, Claudette Colbert, Carole Lombard and a host of other glamorous Paramount stars. The festival will feature six films showcasing Banton’s work. They will be introduced by Oscar-nominated costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who will be joined by Rose McGowan for Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948).
Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)
Introduced by Rose McGowan and Deborah Nadoolman Landis
Joan Fontaine plays a woman obsessed with a pianist played by Louis Jourdan in this rich romantic drama from Max Ophüls. Howard Koch adapted the screenplay from a novella by Stefan Zweig.
WeAreMovieGeeks.com is also reporting that Rose will be involved in a multimedia exploration of style in film noir, presented by The Film Noir Foundation’s Eddie Muller.
Rose McGowan attended the 26th Annual Genesis Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel yesterday (March 24, 2012) in Beverly Hills, California. Hosted by The Humane Society, The Genesis Awards pays tribute to the major news and entertainment media for producing outstanding works that raise public awareness about animal issues. Rose posed for the photographers with Davey Detail and also presented during the awards. Great to see her supporting such a great cause, as always!
Photos have also been added of Rose attending Just Jared’s 30th Birthday Party the day before, on March 24. She wore a sparkly Blonds dress and accessorised with a YSL bag, Sergio Rossi heels and an awesome black wig.
With the beautiful backdrop of the Vienna Rathaus stars from the world of film and television danced the night away at this year’s annual Orange Film Ball 2012.
Glitz, glamour and celebrity were out in full force on this beautiful spring evening for a programme of awards, gala, entertainment, dance and song in honour of the Austrian film industry.
Rose McGowan wowed the audience in a gorgeous black and white dress at the event and she swarmed over how beautiful the Austrian capital is: “I was last here nine years ago, its a wonderful place. I will be back again for sure.” Watch a brief video of Rose here. I have added photos of Rose from the evening gala and also looking adorable and casual at another Orange Filmball event the day before. Thanks to Laura for her contributions!
Pictures from Rose McGowan’s many events throughout the past few months have been added to the gallery. Rose was quite busy and you can now finally enjoy viewing some of her different pretty looks. Enjoy!
– Public Events: Celebration For The 40th Anniversary Of Sir Charlie Chaplin’s Honorary Academy Award
– Public Events: Marni At H&M Collection Launch
– Public Events: Fall 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week – Imitation
– Public Events: Barbie The Dream Closet at Lincoln Center
– Public Events: Oster Media Presents Leila Shams After Party
– Public Events: The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection 2012 Fashion Show – Red Carpet
– Public Events: The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection 2012 Fashion Show – Runway
– Public Events: The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection 2012 Fashion Show – Backstage
– Public Events: 13th Annual Warner Bros. And InStyle Golden Globe Awards After Party
– Public Events: The Art Of Elysium’s 5th Annual Heaven Gala
– Public Events: After Hours at Electric Room
The very first photos have been added of Miss McGowan attending the 20th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party, held at the City of West Hollywood Park tonight, Sunday (February 26), in Beverly Hills. Rose is rocking a gorgeous Paule Ka dress and Sergio Rossi heels. She accessorised with David Webb jewels and an Edie Parker clutch. A sensationally beautiful look from Rose!
– Events in 2012: 20th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party
Fans have the chance to re-visit Rose McGowan’s star-making turn as Amy Blue in The Doom Generation as the film is finally going to be released on R2 DVD in Britain on March 26, 2012. This release is packed with exciting extras, including a featurette titled My Generation, interview with director Gregg Araki and a commentary with Araki, McGowan, James Duval and Johnathon Schaech. The DVD is available for pre-order over at Amazon.
In honour of these exciting news, I’ve updated the gallery with a nice batch of stills from The Doom Generation. Special thanks goes out to our friend Dale for contributing many of these. Enjoy!
– The Doom Generation: Production Stills
From Vogue to Rolling Stone to Maxim to Modern Dog, Rose McGowan has been photographed by a number of hugely talented photographers for an impressive variety of magazines in these past five years. We took on the challenge of picking out our five favorite photoshoots between these years. We believe that these photoshoots represent the diversity of not only Rose’s magazine coverage but also just how photogenic and versatile she is in front of the camera.
Modern Dog (2011)
Contributor Magazine (2010)
Check out the latest edition of Suitcase Confessions, which sees Rose McGowan discuss her travel secrets and inspiration. Rose also shares some very exciting news; that she is just about to jet off to New Orleans to direct her very first short film! “I’m super thrilled to be able to step behind the camera,” she says. Can’t wait to learn more about Rose’s directorial debut!
Rose is not only loved for her talent and beauty but also for her whip-smart personality. Here are just a couple of our select favorite quotes from Miss McGowan between the years 2007 and 2012, as part of our fifth year anniversary celebrations.
• “Everyone’s got a story; I’ve just got a lot of chapters.” – Genlux – Holiday 2011
• “I took two years off because of a major illness in the family. So many people get caught up in a panic about taking time off, worried they’ll be forgotten about. The reality is, this is my one life. I stick to my convictions, for better or worse.” – Modern Dog – Summer 2011
• “From a really young age, I was into female empowerment and supporting the underdog. Right now, I’m into female vengeance.” – Fox News, 2008
• “I love anybody who’s dedicated to anything and lets their weirdo flag fly. I’m all for it.” – Entertainment Weekly, 2008
• “I’m a pretty swell gal. I don’t mean any harm to anybody. Generally speaking, for a melancholy person, I’m pretty happy.” – Blackbook – April/May 2007
In the past five years Rose McGowan has rocked many highly memorable and gorgeously stunning looks on the red carpet, which makes it almost impossible to pick just a handful of favorites. However, we collectively selected the following five looks as our absolute overall head-to-toe favorites Rose looks between 2007 and 2012.
Please feel free to comment and share your favorites from these years. There are so many so choose from so we’d love to hear which dresses you’ve loved the most!
Conan the Barbarian World Premiere (2011)
2009 MAD Paperball Gala (2009)