Rose’s black and green floral print bustier dress with a full gathered skirt and oversized pockets was styled with gold earrings and matching strappy sandals. A black clutch and a pink lip colour completed her lovely look.
- Public Events: 3rd Annual Land Benefit Gala
Miss McGowan is currently out and about at the Milan Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2013. “I prefer the Milan Fashion Week to New York Fashion Week. There’s just more art to it, I think, and less commerce,” Rose told WWD.com. The gallery has been updated with photos of Rose at various shows and events these past couple of days. Do check out a lovely photo of the actress and her sister Eva at the Dolce & Gabbana Store Opening Party last night.
Furthermore, Rose revealed that she will soon star on a new TV show on ABC! “I can’t say what it is yet,” she teased. Can’t wait to hear more about this project!
She also spoke about shooting in New Orleans on The Tell-Tale Heart, in which she plays a ghostly apparition. “She turns out to be a figment of somebody else’s imagination, so the outfits and the costumes got to be really elaborate and totally nonreality based, which was great fun. And I had an amazing rental house in the French Quarter with all the ivy and the Spanish moss hanging all around, so that added to the atmosphere.”
- Public Events: Dolce & Gabbana Store Opening Party
- Public Events: Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 – W Magazine Dance Party
- Public Events: Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 – Fendi
- Public Events: Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 – Etro
- Public Events: Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 – Blumarine
- Public Events: Lucky Magazine Celebrates Italian Fashion
The gallery has been updated with a bunch of smokin’ hot photoshoot additions from earlier this year.
Each year around the world, as many as 48,000 people are diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and 40,000 people die – the same number of people who are lost to breast cancer annually. Pulmonary fibrosis is a devastating disease that robs people of their ability to breathe. To help raise awareness about this unknown deadly disease, the Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis (CPF) is kicking off “Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month” this September.
Actress Rose McGowan, Honorary Chair of the ‘Daughters of PF’ program, which calls on women to fundraise and generate awareness of PF, joins in the CPF’s call for increased investment in research to find a cure.
McGowan lost her father to PF. “When I learned PF is 100 percent fatal and that my father was going to die, I was utterly hopeless and broken-hearted,” said McGowan, best known for her role on TV’s long-running show ‘Charmed.’ “I can’t begin to describe how PF wreaks destruction on the patient and their loved ones. Many illnesses, including breast cancer, are better known than PF, but PF is claiming just as many lives as these illnesses. Even worse, the investment in research for PF is minimal. It’s time for a change.”
“We are proud to stand with Rose and the patients and their families to kick off this month to draw attention to this horrible disease. We have expanded our reach to communities and cities nationwide for a truly grassroots effort driven by those who desperately need help,” said CPF Chief Executive Officer Mishka Michon. “We cannot stand by as upwards of 128,000 people suffer every year, with no cure on the horizon and are deeply grateful for those who step forward to help in this campaign,” added Michon.
Late last month Rose McGowan sat down for a lengthy Q&A at Toronto’s Fan Expo, during which she touched upon several projects that she currently has in the pipeline.
• Rose shared that she recently signed with Dolly Parton’s manager and hopes to record an album in Nashville in the next few months!
• We learned earlier this year of Rose’s plans to direct a short film. Now she said that she is about to direct a film starring Piper Laurie (Carrie) and Joshua Close (The Master). We don’t know if this is perhaps the short film that she talked about earlier or a full length feature – but, as always, we’ll keep you posted!
I’ll leave you with a video of Rose singing part of Fever for the lucky Expo audience.