Welcome to version 9 of Rose-McGowan.com! We have launched a brand new version to celebrate our site’s anniversary. We first launched in February 2007, which means that Rose-McGowan.com has been online for a whole decade! Where has all the time gone?
With a new, responsive design we are also celebrating a new direction of the site. In the last couple of years Rose McGowan has taken her talents behind and beyond the camera – and we want the website to celebrate and reflect that. We will still provide photos and content on Rose’s acting career but our main focus will be on her career as a filmmaker, as an artist, and as an activist.
We ask for your patience as we’re still working on converting and refreshing a lot of our old content, which will be available soon. We’ve also decided to part with our old forum. As much as we loved it, the internet has changed a lot since we first opened and the conversations have now moved on to social media. So instead of the forum, we hope to interact with all of you on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Without further ados, thank you for all of your support throughout the years and we hope you enjoy the new direction of the site!
We want to wish Rose McGowan a very Happy Birthday! September 5 marks Rose’s 42nd birthday, and we are more proud of her than ever before with her steadfast determination in bringing about change, not just in Hollywood but throughout the world. A true leader and artistic visionary. 🙂
Onwards and upwards Rose, keep shining!
On behalf of all the visitors of Rose-McGowan.com, we would like to extend our most heartfelt well-wishes to our favorite leading lady, Rose McGowan, on her fantastic birthday milestone! Rose, we hope you have a lovely birthday filled with love, laughter, Laffy Taffy (in Grape!) and doggie kisses! May all your wishes come true – and with the forthcoming nuptials and a directing debut under your belt, we have a feeling that they already have. 😉
We are especially proud of the fact that together us fans managed to raise over $500 for the Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis (CPF). With Rose having positively affected so many peoples’ lives throughout the world, we wanted to take this opportunity to give something back in honor of her birthday. Our goal was – and still is – to help in inform as many people as possible about the symptoms of the disease that tragically took Rose’s father, and to help raise awareness in an effort to eventually find a cure. We are happy to say that we will continue working with the CPF to spread the word on this important cause.
Without further ados – happy birthday, Rose!
Welcome to version eight of Rose-McGowan.com!
Looking forward to Rose’s 40th birthday next month, we have launched a brand new version of our website! We not only have a superfabulous new layout designed by Mycah but together with Dale and Laura we have collectively updated the large majority of the site’s content as well.
A friendly reminder that our Birthday Project deadline is fast approaching – but there’s still time for you to participate! Please consider donating to our Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis fundraiser (we have raised over $200 thus far!) and sending in your birthday message and/or fan art for the appreciation booklet. All contributions are much appreciated!
Also, we wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your continued support. We hope you enjoy the new version of our website!
From Vogue to Rolling Stone to Maxim to Modern Dog, Rose McGowan has been photographed by a number of hugely talented photographers for an impressive variety of magazines in these past five years. We took on the challenge of picking out our five favorite photoshoots between these years. We believe that these photoshoots represent the diversity of not only Rose’s magazine coverage but also just how photogenic and versatile she is in front of the camera.
Modern Dog (2011)
Contributor Magazine (2010)
Rose is not only loved for her talent and beauty but also for her whip-smart personality. Here are just a couple of our select favorite quotes from Miss McGowan between the years 2007 and 2012, as part of our fifth year anniversary celebrations.
• “Everyone’s got a story; I’ve just got a lot of chapters.” – Genlux – Holiday 2011
• “I took two years off because of a major illness in the family. So many people get caught up in a panic about taking time off, worried they’ll be forgotten about. The reality is, this is my one life. I stick to my convictions, for better or worse.” – Modern Dog – Summer 2011
• “From a really young age, I was into female empowerment and supporting the underdog. Right now, I’m into female vengeance.” – Fox News, 2008
• “I love anybody who’s dedicated to anything and lets their weirdo flag fly. I’m all for it.” – Entertainment Weekly, 2008
• “I’m a pretty swell gal. I don’t mean any harm to anybody. Generally speaking, for a melancholy person, I’m pretty happy.” – Blackbook – April/May 2007
In the past five years Rose McGowan has rocked many highly memorable and gorgeously stunning looks on the red carpet, which makes it almost impossible to pick just a handful of favorites. However, we collectively selected the following five looks as our absolute overall head-to-toe favorites Rose looks between 2007 and 2012.
Please feel free to comment and share your favorites from these years. There are so many so choose from so we’d love to hear which dresses you’ve loved the most!
Conan the Barbarian World Premiere (2011)
2009 MAD Paperball Gala (2009)
The past five years have brought many triumphs and tribulations to Rose McGowan’s career. Although there were some hiccups in recent years, the projects that did see the light of day have been undeniable with one common factor; they all showcased new range in Rose’s talents and arguably provided her finest and most diverse performances to date.
“In the performance of her life, McGowan throws herself into the juicy, sexy, funny, comic book hero role of Cherry Darling.” – Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
“The whole experience was completely schizophrenic, but in the best way.” – Rose McGowan
Grindhouse is, hands down, our favorite project of Rose McGowan. Two films. Two characters. One awesome throwback concept idea. What’s not to love? If we had to define Rose’s most star-making performance, it would have to be the quick-witted Cherry Darling in Robert Rodriguez’s Planet Terror. And while her role in Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof was smaller, it was more than memorable, and she did a magnificent job at portraying two such completely different characters in basically one movie.
This project also has an ever bigger meaning to us. We launched our site in February of 2007, a few months prior to the release of Grindhouse. While we had been fans of Rose for many, many years, the hype and uniqueness that came with the project led to us finally pursuing and realising this website. So, it’s pretty safe to say that if it were not for Grindhouse, Rose-McGowan.com would possibly not even exist!
“I had wanted to do a guest stint some years ago, but it never worked out schedule wise. It, as anyone who watches the show knows, is totally bananas. Just off the wall. I’m doing something I hope to never do hope to never do again – replace an actress who’s already established a role. It didn’t occur to me that it’d be completely unnerving and bizarre until I filmed my first scene. It was still a great experience,” explained Rose during her second Q&A with Rose-McGowan.com
Rose McGowan portrayed Dr. Teddy Rowe for five episodes on the sixth season of Nip/Tuck, which kicked off October 14, 2009. Another actress may have made Teddy a caricatyre but Rose portrayed her as anything but. Smart, cunning, gorgeous and so deliciously evil – you just had to love Rose’s performance as Teddy!
Rose-McGowan.com opened its doors on February 12, 2007, which means that today, on February 12, 2012, we are celebrating the site’s fifth birthday!
To celebrate the occasion we are doing five different look backs at various aspects of Rose McGowan and the site. We are starting with this post, which features five of the highlights of Rose-McGowan.com between the years 2007 and 2012.
• In November 2007 and July 2009 we conducted exclusive Q&A sessions with Rose McGowan herself. Needless to say, this was a great honor and these interviews remain some of the greatest highlights of the site.
• Every year we’ve aimed to create something special in honor of Rose’s birthday on September 5. One of the highlights includes our 2009 birthday project. Over 30 fans from 16 different countries contributed to the 32+ paged color printed scrapbook, which consists of letters, birthday wishes, fan art, poems and local postcards, all dedicated to Rose. We also gifted her with some gorgeous Boston Terrier memorabilia, including a stunning figurine. Rose was deeply touched by the gift and sent us a very sweet thank you note. View the birthday project page for further details.
• In August 2010 we auctioned an authentic Rose McGowan autograph to benefit Boston Terrier Rescue Net, one of Rose’s favorite charities, in honor of the actress’ 37th birthday. View the news post for further details.
• Rose-McGowan.com was mentioned the August 2011 issue of Total Film. The magazine featured a truly wonderful article on Rose and used our site as an example of Rose’s Old Hollywood demeanor. It was a huge honor to us that it was recognized by a magazine, especially one as awesome as Total Film! View the news post for further info.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year 2012 to all of our visitors and, of course, the lovely Rose McGowan herself! We really love working on the site and appreciate your continued support. We can’t wait to see what 2012 will bring to Rose – and you can be sure that we’ll be here to cover it every step of the way!
Check back soon for a special contest and our end of the year highlights!