Rose-McGowan.com opened its doors on February 12, 2007, which means that today, on February 12, 2012, we are celebrating the site’s fifth birthday!
To celebrate the occasion we are doing five different look backs at various aspects of Rose McGowan and the site. We are starting with this post, which features five of the highlights of Rose-McGowan.com between the years 2007 and 2012.
• In November 2007 and July 2009 we conducted exclusive Q&A sessions with Rose McGowan herself. Needless to say, this was a great honor and these interviews remain some of the greatest highlights of the site.
• Every year we’ve aimed to create something special in honor of Rose’s birthday on September 5. One of the highlights includes our 2009 birthday project. Over 30 fans from 16 different countries contributed to the 32+ paged color printed scrapbook, which consists of letters, birthday wishes, fan art, poems and local postcards, all dedicated to Rose. We also gifted her with some gorgeous Boston Terrier memorabilia, including a stunning figurine. Rose was deeply touched by the gift and sent us a very sweet thank you note. View the birthday project page for further details.
• In August 2010 we auctioned an authentic Rose McGowan autograph to benefit Boston Terrier Rescue Net, one of Rose’s favorite charities, in honor of the actress’ 37th birthday. View the news post for further details.
• Rose-McGowan.com was mentioned the August 2011 issue of Total Film. The magazine featured a truly wonderful article on Rose and used our site as an example of Rose’s Old Hollywood demeanor. It was a huge honor to us that it was recognized by a magazine, especially one as awesome as Total Film! View the news post for further info.
• In celebration of her 38th birthday we created a video featuring clips of some of our favorite Rose scenes and performances throughout her career set to some great pieces of music. We were able to present a DVD copy to Rose in person in October 2011, which she absolutely loved!
• Lastly, we’d like to take a moment to thank all of our loyal visitors, many of whom have been with us since the very beginning. Thank you for sticking by us and for all of your lovely comments, contributions and friendships. We really and truly appreciate all the love! To us YOU are the biggest highlight of the site. We are so privileged to have met so many wonderful people throughout the years and formed such great friendships.
Pictured: 1st Polaroid – Riikka & Mycah (webmasters) meeting fellow London-based Rose McGowan fan Paul for the first time // Riikka & Dale‘s first meeting. 2nd Polaroid: Riikka & Mycah in Manchester, England for their yearly meeting in September 2011 // Last but not least – Riikka meeting Rose on her visit to London in October 2011. ♥